If you love decorating your home then expecting a baby while expecting Christmas is a decorating heaven for you. You get to decorate for Christmas and for the baby and it is up to your imagination and creative skills to merge them both and make a wonderful Christmas atmosphere in your home. I have gathered some great Christmas decorations for babies below so check them out.
Below I have gathered some great ideas on Christmas decorations for babies and the events you can host combining both occasions.
Christmas Baby Shower
You can easily host a Christmas baby shower – and you can expect some crazy gifts if you do as people generally buy a lot during Christmas holidays. Everything is just filled with love so no better time to celebrate a new baby coming with your friends.
Having a Christmas baby shower can be easier to decorate too, as you probably already have Christmas tree and ornaments and Christmas decorations. You just mix some baby Christmas decor and get Christmas decorated invitations for the guests. Here are some good Christmas baby shower ideas:
- Prepare popcorn and attach note to the bowls: “Ready to Pop”. Fun huh?
- Prepare some cookies and food with the color of the baby gender
- Find some “Mommy To Be” or “Proud Mommy And Daddy” decorations like ribbons or balloons
- Make wreath from baby diapers in the color of the baby gender and hang it on the wall
- Get pom poms and lanterns in your preferred color: can be in the baby gender’s color or traditional Christmas colors. These decorations don’t cost much but look absolutely stunning. And they fill the space with just a few of them – so perfect if you are on a budget
- Get a nice baby bunting hanger
- Baby Christmas ornaments are a must on your Christmas tree
- Use poinsettia centerpieces – these flowers looks awesome and will make your table look beautiful
- Use streamers, confetti or glitter according to your liking
Hosting a Christmas baby shower will be one of those events that you never forget in life. Mostly because there are so many strong emotions involved and all of them are so positive. So if you are in a position to host one don’t think twice – set the date and start the preparations. Oh and don’t forget the camera, those photos will be priceless.
Baby Christmas ornaments are something you simply have to have this Christmas. You can make them yourself if you are a crafty person or you can buy some. I have seen some very beautiful ones and here is a great collection of expecting baby Christmas ornaments.
One type of Christmas ornaments that are so appropriate for expecting parents are angel Christmas ornaments as they resemble a new baby perfectly.
If you have already chosen a name for your baby you can get some personalized Christmas ornaments with the name written on them.
I find baby owls decorations also very cute for this occasion but it is a personal taste.
Christmas Food Decorations When Expecting A Baby
Well Christmas food can be a bit tricky when you are expecting as I have written here.
I admit I am no expert in food or making cookies and cakes but if there are already plenty of ideas online. I had a lot of fun watching this tutorial here:
So you get the idea, you just type in DIY in the Google search box and the descrition of what you would like to create and check the videos section on Google search and you will have more than enough ideas on Christmas baby shower food.
Hopefully you will have great Christmas holidays, be very happy and receive great Christmas gifts for pregnant wife.
All the best wishes for you and your family!