This post may have affiliate links, please check the full disclosure.
Being around a pregnant woman is not an easy task. Especially if is her first time.
Think about it: her body is changing a lot, her hormones are going wild, she may be in constant mild pain, feeling sick and on top of it she can’t use meds to help her. Even if it is only 9 months it is still day after day that she has to deal with these things.
And you know what they say: a years passes but days never pass. It is because you feel the days and not the whole year in life. It is always the small things that make life what it really is.
So you really need to have a lot of understanding for your pregnant wife. If you find this very hard then just remember how scary it is to give birth. This image alone should help you endure some overwhelming times during her pregnancy.
The bottom line is that it is her body changing and that it is her that will have to go through a lot of pain to deliver the baby. So you really need to put up with her moods and crazy wishes and demands for 9 months.
So if you what to do something nice for pregnant wife here is a list things to inspire you:
- If she complains about her beauty and weight you need to answer immediately : You are most beautiful than ever! This will calm her down and make her feel more confident. You really don’t want your wife to be stressed during the pregnancy, feeling insecure of fearing she is not attractive to you any more. She and her baby are the love of your life so tell her that!
- Make sure she feels comfortable as much as possible. If you can afford it then don’t be afraid to spend some money on her comfort. Pregnancy is really not the best time to save your dollars.
- Even if you know you are right just take it like a man and make the compromise. She will be grateful to you one day for that.
- Say a lot: I’m sorry or You’re right. Words can sometimes be food for the soul and there is nothing more beautiful than having an understanding husband during pregnancy.
- Never let her do the hard work! I know it is common sense but I have seen such horrible husbands leaving their pregnant wives do groceries and carry heavy bags that it left me completely speechless. Don’t do this to your wife.
- Be helpful around the house. Even if you feel it is women’s work just do some of it just to help your wife. Imagine how hard it must be if you can’t bend to touch your toes to be cleaning around the house. Every effort is doubled. Have respect for that.
- Give her a lot of massages! Pregnant women love massages and I can’t emphasize this enough. It is pleasant activity and really doesn’t cost you anything. It doesn’t even have to be long, sometimes even 5 minutes will go a long way. A foot massage will be especially appreciated.
- Care for her pregnancy. Take part in her healthy eating, go to appointments with her, simply be involved in the process. This way you can be her best support.
- Be patient and strong, be someone she can rely on. Let her know that she can count on you. Make her feel safe with you.
- Share enthusiasm with her – don’t make her start doubting your marriage but show that you care for her and the baby and that you are looking forward to the birth. Even in times when you don’t feel so enthusiastic.
- Take initiative in things, like be the first to mention shopping for baby stuff.
- If she needs things in the middle of the night and you can get it from the store just do it.
- Did I mention to be patient on her mood swings? 🙂
And finally please remember it’s only temporary. Your wife will eventually go back to her normal.
Also remember to enjoy the pregnancy time to the fullest as a man only has a few of those in a lifetime. It may have many ups and downs but there is nothing quite like it!